The Engineering Solution Center accepts the real-world problems of industry and provides unique project-based solutions that are both effective and affordable
The main service we provide is technical development with project deliverables in most any technical realm for which your commercial firm could use the assistance of bright technical students, partnered with Experts in Industry. Here are some sample service projects which have been worked on by the center, or have been under consideration by the Center with our industry partners:
- Development of software modules in a global software package used in worldwide retail operations. We convened several students in computer science to supplement the firm’s internal staff.
- Development of a marketing campaign analytics system for a financial institution using artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Development of a 3-D visualization graphic package to visualize product performance data
- Development of a nutrition documenting system for medical researchers analyzing the connection between nutrition and disease recovery
- Analysis of engineering changes due to regulatory difference in foreign electric vehicle charging station designs, versus U.S. domestic requirements.
- Development of a pilot project to help students with their finances
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning project for a major automotive supplier analyzing warranty data
- Development of environmental site assessments, including field visits and on-site analyses
- Design and development, including CAD/CAM drawings, for a sporting goods device
- Development of new disaster recovery models to improve outcomes
- Six Sigma type analyses for improved product costing and supply chain optimization for an aerospace manufacturer
- Project work for an industrial engineering construction services firm
- Development of an in-house engineering program for automotive designers and technologists
- Semantic and topical analyses, including sentiment analysis, of call-center data for a major U.S. manufacturer
By the list above, you can see the breadth of project types which are within the scope of things we can do at the Engineering Solution Center. Please contact us about your project so we can be of assistance.
Contact our Program Director, Joseph Craig, if your firm is facing any technical, engineering, or computing challenges. Whether your firm wants help with Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Cloud Computing or any other elements of better digitalization for Industry 4.0, let our talented Wayne State Engineering and Computer Science students find the perfect solution.